Preservation Chicago announces the "Chicago 7" for 2009

When asked to find a building for this project I felt that I needed to choose something that had more layers of meaning.  Since I have an interest in historic preservation/renovation, this building caught my eye when Preservation Chicago posted it to its list of threatened buildings for 2009.  I had the chance to visit this building back in June and was amazed at how much potential it has but also saddened by its state of disrepair. (For example I was only able to view the lobby and the south mezzanine as much of the rest of the building is not safe.)  I hope to inspire someone to take a serious look at what could be done with this building rather than let it fall to the wayside as many great buildings in Chicago have in the past.  Check out the link to Preservation Chicago's website for some background information on the building.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blogs